Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Orange Almond Biscotti

Seriously, I should just open a bake shop, and maybe while I'm at it, invest in a store that only sells pants with elastic waist bands, because that's what I'm going to need if I keep eating all of these delicious baked goods that I obviously cannot stop baking. There should be an off switch for baking and eating all of these delicious goodies, but you know what, there isn't, or if there is, I can't seem to find it amongst all the cookies.

This recipe comes from CB's cousin Dina, a glorious Italian woman who seems to know how to cook and bake everything. She's a menace in the kitchen and an amazing person to know, she's one of the few in-laws that I have that I am so glad I can now call mi familia.

Recipe:
2 1/4 C all purpose four
1 1/4 C sugar
1 pinch salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 C sliced almonds
1 Tbsp orange zest
3 eggs beaten
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 tsp almond extract


Grease and flour baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350.


Ina large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, almonds and orange zest. Make a well in the center and add eggs, oil and almond extract. Stir or mix by hand until mixture forms a ball. Seperate dough into two pieces and roll each one into a log about 2 ilong wide. Place logs onto prepared baking sheet amnd flatten so they are about 3/4 inch thick. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Coll slightly and remove from baking sheets slice diagonally into 1/2 inch slices with a serrated knife. Set cookies on their side back onto cookie sheet and bake 10-15 minutes more flipping halfway through.


Rating = So Damn Good

5 comments:

wheresmymind said...

How would you define "menace in the kitchen"?

Patricia Scarpin said...

JB,

When you have your bakery, please, make sure you have express delivery to Brazil? ;)

I was going to bake the other biscotti recipe you posted but this one just one my heart - I love orange!

Judy said...

I'm not sure I have an 'off switch' when it comes to sweets and baking. Since I know this, I try to not even start.

Also, your tamale pie below looks and sounds great. I made a similar one from a Cooking Light and it was delicious.

jen said...

Hi JB
This looks mmm mmm, and orange is my fav. Would it be ok if i used this image on my blog to create a little logo for your site on my side bar? j

jen said...

Thanks for that JB, thought you might be interested in this recipe:
http://thickblackoutline.blogspot.com/2006/09/mmmmm-mmmmm-1.html

not sure if its an Australian thing, but its a bit of a fav around here. not sure if you may have heard it or not.