Tuesday, May 15, 2007

White Ruffy en Papillote with Tri-Colored Peppers

We had CB's mother, aunt and cousin up from Rhode Island on Sunday for Mother's Day. My main complaint, well, no not my main complaint about his mother, but one of my complaints about his mother is that she doesn't cook anything healthy. CB and I have been together for over 6 years and I can't remember a healthy meal being cooked by her. So, for mother's day I thought I would lead by example and serve a heart healthy meal. I decided to cook white fish in parchment paper with peppers, artichokes, garlic, fresh rosemary, etc. It was wonderful, light delicious, HEALTHY!

I was not sure exactly how to make the parchment pockets for the fish, so I watched a video on the web which explained it all. Here is also a link to step by step instructions on how to make the packets. http://www.ehow.com/how_13372_make-fish-en.html


Recipe: Preheat oven 400 degrees



  • 5 white fish fillets seasoned with salt and pepper on both sides

  • 1 small onion cut into half moons divided

  • 1 red bell pepper cut into strips divided

  • 1 green bell pepper cut into strips divided

  • 1 orange bell pepper cut into strips divided

  • 1 small jar artichoke hearts in oil divided

  • 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced and divided

  • 1 lemon cut into thin rounds divided

  • salt and pepper

Make parchment hearts as directed (above), divide ingredients among hearts, laying ingredients on top and bottom of fish top with a drizzle of olive oil. Seal according to direction.


Place on baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Enjoy


Rating = So Damn Good

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Our mom is the same way~ fried chicken, with a little mac-n-cheese, smashed tatos and of course fried green tomatoes.

Only, I bet you didn't get the same post-carb-coma-nap that we enjoyed!

wheresmymind said...

I almost can't eat my Mom's cooking any more...too rich!

Patricia Scarpin said...

This looks delicious, JB - I love fish and have made it en papillote only once, centuries ago (used salmon).
Your choice of vegetables was so smart - gonna try it soon.