Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sundried Tomato & Pesto Tofu Dip | Yum

Can I just say that I'm really bummed about Heath Ledger. He just seemed like such a down to earth person in such a whacked out Hollywood scene. And I think he was a refreshingly good actor. Just so sad. I'm so sorry for his little girl, who is now left without a father, and I'm sorry for his ex-fiance who is now truly a single mother. Just tragic. My heart goes out to his friends and family. And on a different note, I was so excited to see the new Batman movie, and now it may just be too weird to watch.

Moving along to happier thoughts. This dip disappeared at the football party (GO PATS!) that we went to on Sunday. It disappeared even though people knew there were no dairy products and it was tofu based. Just goes to show how good this dip is, and that you don't need heavy cream cheese or sour cream bases to make good dip.

I found this recipe while searching online and now I can't find the original site I found it on; it may have been an About.com web link.

Sundried Tomato & Basil Tofu Dip
1 package soft lite tofu drained
1/2 jar sundried tomatoes packed in oil
about 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto (I used pesto that I had made earlier and frozen)
zest and juice of one lemon

Add tofu, sundried tomatoes (some of the oil), pesto, lemon zest and lemon juice to a food processor and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Rating = Damn Good


No comments: