Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Roasted Garlic Hummus

I made a bunch of food for my birthday, and it's gone. Actually, this small dish of hummus was the only thing left over the next day. I didn't get pictures of the other stuff I made because I hate having to explain why I'm taking pictures of my food to people. So I didn't take pictures and posts without pictures is like a spoon without peanut butter on it, f'ing useless. So sorry, I'll have to make the food again and post about it another time.

In awesome birthday news CB got me the newest version of the Garmin GPS running watch for my birthday and I could not be happier, I've waited for this damn watch since the started making it about 5 years ago and I finally have it. YEAH! And my mother-in-law mailed me the Veganomicon cookbook for my birthday so I won't bitch and moan about her at all in this one post. I can't wait to make the recipes in that book when I get back. So, yes, when I get back, whirlwind business trips start tomorrow. See you at the end of the month. LATER.

Roasted Garlic Hummus (Reduced Fat)

For this recipe I simply took the tired and true ATK, Best Light Recipes version and added two whole heads of garlic that I toasted in the oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour. I took the bulbs, cut off the tops so there was a flat top surface and the garlic was exposed, poured a little olive oil over the garlic, wrapped it in foil and placed on a cookie sheet in the oven for 1 hour. I let it cool then squeezed the garlic goodness into the hummus as I processed it. YUM!

Rating = So Damn Good


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

I've been wanting to make my own hummus and I actually have the ATK Light Recipes cookbook, so I'll have to try this.

I love the Pineapple-Cashew-Quinoa Stir-Fry from the Veganomicon cookbook. Here is a link to my post about it:
http://randomreading.wordpress.com/2008/02/27/pineapple-cashew-quinoa-stir-fry/

Patricia Scarpin said...

Adding roasted garlic to hummus sounds like a great idea to me.
Happy belated birthday, dear JB!