Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Limoncello Berries with Mint

I have just been diagnosed with acute IT band syndrome, which has sidelined me from running for at least two weeks (minimum). I have to go to physical therapy to try and alleviate the sever inflammation in my right leg and try to get my range of motion and weight bearing ability back. There was no warning that this was going to happen, I was just out on my daily run when WHAM! my whole right leg started to ache and burn and I couldn't put any weight on it. Thank God I wasn't far from home and was carrying my T pass or I would have been thoroughly screwed trying to hop a mile on one leg.

So now I'm in a cycle of stretch, ice, ibuprofen (Repeat) everyday and it's terrible, I feel like I'm going to go crazy without my daily dose of running. I also feel that my ass will expand to gigantic proportions without my calorie burning exercise. Not one to shy away from dessert though I decided to make one of Giada's (get this) "bikini ready desserts". It was good, it's no gelato in a cone, but it can satisfy the longing for something sweet after dinner, without causing me to have all my pants taken out during my rehab.

Mixed Berries with Limoncello Giada DeLaurentiis
4 cups mixed berries (like strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries)
2 tablespoons Limoncello
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves

Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss to combine. Serve in individual serving dishes.

Rating = Good

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you went to get this checked out - take care of yourself. must have made the whole moving process easy...

AlwaysJoy said...

OMG you poor thing, I hope you are up and about soon and meanwhile I hope you are able to enjoy some yummies!

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie, that sucks! I just came down with the same problem a couple of weeks ago. Mine was sudden too. It is awful. Have you tried the foam roller? It's the one thing that's been helping me out. Hang in there!