Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Guinness Molasses Bread

This bread is just too good and too easy to make. There are 5 ingredients people, and it tastes so good...

I can't wait to try it toasted with a little butter...I think that will just be the shit.

This bread is dense, tasty, a little sweet and then a little hint of the Guinness - fabulous. It was perfect for St.Patrick's Day dinner and it only took about an hour from pantry to pie hole. You just can't beat that. Well, maybe, if you were on some Irish country farm and you'd just sheered a sheep, made a sweater out of it, then made this bread and enjoyed it while sitting outside on your stone ledge in your new sweater, watching a rainbow arch across your fields of green, maybe then that would beat it.

I got this recipe from Elsie over at Simply Recipes. Here is a link to her post.
Please note that I did not have self rising flour so I used her trick with the baking powder and salt and it worked just fine. I also used whole wheat flour for added fiber and nutrients.

Rating = So God Damn Good

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, my mouth is watering. Do you you have any veggie/vegan soup ideas to go with this? Am checking with my vegan friend who I am doing a soup exchange with this weekend to see if she could eat this, and am trying to think of a good soup to go with it.I'm thinking some sort of veggie stew would be good. I know you've been exploring veggie/vegan recipes so wondered what you thought.

JB said...

Tara, the only vegan soup I've made in a while was this veggie soup here:
http://urbandrivel.blogspot.com/2009/02/slow-cooker-vegetable-soup-ww-0pts.html

but I would think it would go great with a black bean and sweet potato soup. I've got a recipe for that somewhere. Let me look for it.
JB

Brenna said...

Looks so good. I love the little black and tan effect, I can almost taste that.

wineandroasts said...

I am always on the lookout for a new breakfast bread.

What could be better than starting the day with a little Guinness?!