Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Fire Roasted Veggie Omelet

On Saturday CB and I went to Masa for brunch and I had wonderful fire roasted vegetable omelet. The next morning I was still thinking about the omelet and how good it was, so I tried to recreate what I had at the restaurant. It was a little different because I didn't have all of the vegetables that they had, but this was pretty damn good.

First I finely diced the following:
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 yellow squash
10 asparagus spears
1/4 red onion

I took the vegetables and added about 1tsp taco seasoning to them and put them in a hot skillet coated with spray and sauteed them over med-high heat for about 7 minutes, so they were still crunchy) I also seasoned them with salt and pepper.

I removed them from the heat - in another saute pan I liberally coated with nonstick cooking spray I added 1/2 cup egg whites and let them cook, (without touching them) until they had cooked through, I then added the hot sauteed veggies to the middle of the eggs and folded them in half.

I served with cold salsa fresca and an English muffin. I think it would have been even better with a dollop of sour cream on the side.

Rating - So Damn Good (and healthy)

No comments: