Friday, May 29, 2009

Farfalle with Salmon and Lemon Cream Sauce


I will not lie. I use three, three face creams in the morning and two at night. I do have a bit of fear that the skin on my face will do a free fall at any moment. Like one day I'll wake up and the skin on my face will look as if I've just jumped out of a plane on a skydiving trip...folds of skin whipping back in the breeze...no control over the wrinkles...that my skin will no longer follow the contours of the bone beneath it, but just pulls down down down collecting around my neck...like the skin on a pug dog...that I wear as a new necklace...like chicken waddle. You get the picture.

Yesterday I saw a woman on the train who obviously shared my fear because there is no other way to explain why a perfectly sane woman would get on the train donning a full head of velcro rollers covered by a silk scarf...wearing 1950's cat eye sunglasses, and so much collagen injected into her lips that she had lost the ability to fully close them. Her mouth hanging agape, like that of a cod fish nailed to a board hung on your wall. I have nothing else to say here. It was just a sight.

I got this recipe from my friend Anelise and it was delicious. Enjoy!

Smoked Salmon and farafalle (bow tie pasta) in Lemon Cream Sauce

12 ounces bow tie pasta
1 TB olive oil
2 large, finely chopped shallots
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 10-ounce bag of frozen peas
4 ounces of thinly sliced smoked salmon
2 TB fresh lemon juice
1 TB minced tarragon
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper


Cook the pasta. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid

Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add shallots. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add wine and simmer for 8 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Add sour cream and stir with a whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in peas and salmon.

Combine pasta and sauce and reserved cooking water if it is needed. (if the sauce is extra thick for example) Stir in lemon juice and tarragon. Let it stand 3 minutes to absorb the sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.


Rating = Damn Good

No comments: