Monday, June 08, 2009

Mexican Sweet Potato and Black Bean Salad with Chipolte Dressing | Totally Vegetarian TV


This is now my favorite new pasta salad. I got this recipe from the TV show Totally Vegetarian which is aired on PBS I believe. So friggin good, but before we get to this recipe I want to talk about a race that I ran yesterday. It was the Vision 5K which was a race involving both sighted and blind runners. It was a truly inspiring event to be a part of. Blind people running with guides and sighted people running alone all in order to raise money for The Carroll Center for the Blind, the Massachusetts Association for the Blind, The Perkins School for the Blind and The National Braille Press.

On a personal note, this was my first race since breaking my tailbone and sacrum in January. I was extremely nervous about pain, fatigue, and just a sucky race in general, but all the worrying was for not. I placed 3rd in my age group and 15th overall among all the women runners. It was a fantastic way to get back into running, and to start building up my confidence as a runner again. I just had a great run - from start to finish, and the cookout that the associations put on after the race with a live band, made for a very happy late morning.

Back to the recipe. This recipe may look long and involved, but it's really not, especially if you use canned corn and black beans. This is a fabulous recipe and worth a try. I only used about half of the chipolte dressing on the salad and froze half so that I can make this recipe lickety split next time I want it.

Mexican Sweet Potato and Black Bean Salad with Chipolte Dressing
LINK

Rating = So Damn Good


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this about 2 years ago on the show,thought it looked amazing,have since made it about 20 times for every holiday/potluck and bbq. Never once left without at least 5 people chasing me down for receipe.. SO Damn Good!